While waiting for the library’s Book Club meet to start, I browsed through the shelves and stumbled upon this little gem.
The 248 pages containing little things that make everyday life a joy. This delightful collection is based on the blog – JustLittleThings.net- consisting of colourful posts cataloging the small joys in life.
The writer said it all in the Introduction when she said: Too often in our fast-paced world, the small details that bring us joy go unnoticed, overshadowed by the stress and obligaitons of our daily routines … … we can shift our perception of life, and rediscover happiness, by paying attention to these simple everyday delight.
Some of the little things are:
- Hearing an old song you used to love.
- Finishing a really good book.
- Knowing all the words to a song.
- Singing in the shower.
- Opening a brand new book.
- Your favourite part of a song.
- A stream of good songs in a row.
- Rereading your favourite book.
- Walking to the beat of the song you’re listening to.
- The smell of old books.
- Getting lost in a book.
There are so many others. This is her first book, published in 2013. I hope there is another compilation. It just feels different reading about these little glimmers of joy in a book than off the computer screen.