This is a book containing inspiring true stories from the Animal Kingdom. It celebrates the fearless, compassionate and all-compassing mother’s love. This is beautifully explained in a collection of moving and intimate portraits from National Geographic, the world’s best in animal photography. These tender photographs show a mother in the wild as she nurtures, cuddles, teaches and protects her offspring. Throughout are inspiritaional quotes that celebrate motherhood. Some quotes I love are:
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. (Victor Hugo, author)
- Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. (Barbara Kingsolver, author)
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down … all that stands in its path. (Agatha Christie, author)
- Children are the answers that hold a mother to life. (Sophocles, playwright)
- A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for the child. (Sophia Lauren, actress)
- It is not until you become a mother that your judgement slowly turns to compassion and understanding. (Erma Bombeck, author)
- Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not. (James Joyce, author)
There may be no stronger power on Earth than a mother’s love. Mothers are mothers, no matter what species. Mothers are hardwired to love, protect and care for our young. The stories here are nothing short of amazing. Traits like strength, bravery, ingenuity, selflessness, perserverance, courage, resourcefulness are admirable qualities.
This touching tribute to all mothers tug at the heart and recalls the tireless devotion and selfless acts of love that characterise mothers from all walks of life.