This pictorial book by Assistance Dogs Australia (a charity) contains lots of beautiful and colourful (full-page) photographs of cute and adorable puppies, all accompanied by humorous, meaningful and inspiring quotes.
These incredible dogs, trained in specialised commands – such as loading a washing machine, opening and closing doors, pressing the pedestrian buttons at lights, and improving communication, empathy and motor skills of a child diagnosed with autism – make a dramatic difference for their owners in giving them a better quality of life.
Every single page is a delight and a feast to the eyes! Some quotes which accompany the lovely photos are:
- Finding the meaning of life takes years, but innocence in life can be found every day.
- Waiting and watching brings wisdom – listen and learn and do so without resentment. Patience is golden.
- Life can be scary but don’t even let a shadow of your former self prevent you from achieving greatness.
- The world is round but everyone in the world has a different view so appreciate everyone’s unique outlook.
- Friends come and go in life, but sleep soundly knowing family will always have your back.
- The paws of a pup make our hearts melt with devotion.
- Some things you carry around in life might be uncomfortable, but don’t ever hesitate to lighten the load and ask for help.
- Work hard, play hard; but at the end of a long hard day, don’t feel guilty about putting your feet up!
- Whether you have a close family or not, there will always be someone’s shoulder somewhere you can lean on.
- Life gets busy; we all grow up, but don’t forget to make time for the people you love the most.
- Never lose sight of the bigger picture, but most importantly never forget to embrace each day – run, laugh, dance and live in the moment.
- Take time to appreciate life; look up, look around, treasure the moments you have and love the life you live.
- Dogs make us appreciate what really matters in life – love, affection, loyalty and family.
- If the struggle seems too hard, remember why you keep holding on. Don’t ever give up on your dreams.
- Life flies by so quickly, don’t neglect to take time out for yourself. Reconnect and appreciate the silence.
- Sometimes life brings sadness, but happiness and success will always triumph.
- We may not always be confident in life but never be afraid to look around for guidance.
- Take pleasure in the simple things in life – unleash your curiosity and your imagination and creativity will flow!
I must look out for more such wonderful books.